Ryan McClain Releases Statement on Accusations Against Middleburg Heights Mayor Gary Starr
Updated: Sep 18, 2019
As a candidate for State Representative and a resident of Middleburg Heights, Ohio, I feel it is my duty to comment on this publicly
Mr. Starr, there is so much wrong in what you have been saying
1. Mr. Ebert and Jasymn Stover were fired due to mistrust, not "political motivation." It is believed that he took part in the accused harassment committed by your administration. He failed to do his job when startling evidence of workplace misconduct against you was presented (you allegedly placed a bullet and a ruler on a female employees desk). The only city councilman who voted against the termination was Mr. Grech, whom you are close friends with. If anyone has a "political motivation" instead of a legitimate concern, it's Mr. Grech
2. As a Libertarian, I may not agree with all of Mr. Alis decisions, but he is a close family friend of mine, and I applaud his actions in standing up and fighting to make Patricia Oakar's voice heard. If you genuinely didn't do anything wrong, why are you hesitant on an investigation?
3. Mr. Ali did not impede upon any investigation, YOUR administration is continuing to push back against and delay an investigation into Mrs. Oakar's accusation, and there is plenty of evidence that points towards that.
4. Tim Ali's money is none of your business. However, my point aside, that has nothing to do with the topic at hand. The topic is your alleged assault against female employees, and the comment against Mr. Ali is merely another attempt of yours to stir the public eye away from the accusations against you.
5. You say that you "will not tolerate any public conduct that is not dedicated to promoting the best interests of the citizens of our community," and that it's your "responsibility to hold our administrators accountable to the highest standards of effective and ethical behavior" and yet your administration engages in forcing female employees and ONLY female employees to undergo a physical examination by your private physician, and to have the results sent to you. Is this not discrimination on the basis of sex?
You also have been reported to have bragged about your erectile function to female employees (specifically Oakar), and you have been reported to have boasted about your "ability to still have great sex." One of your male employee's (Robert Downey) has been accused of making fun of Patricia's weight. Is this really in the best interest of our community?
I'm sorry, but this isn't the Middleburg Heights I grew up to love and understand as my home. This is a very different and dark Middleburg Heights under your administration.